Prostatitis - inflammation of the prostate gland in men - often goes unnoticed. Without treatment, the acute process becomes chronic. Exercise for prostatitis improves blood microcirculation and strengthens pelvic floor muscles. The gymnastic complex will be recommended by the doctor individually. You can do it alone or in a group under the guidance of an instructor.
When is gymnastics needed and when is it banned?
Prostatitis therapy is an adjunct to treatment. Gymnastics stimulates blood circulation in the affected male organ, removes congestion. This effect helps speed up the recovery of a man with a chronic form of the disease. Gymnastics is also important for the prostate gland as a preventive measure.
Performing exercises in parallel with the medical treatment of prostatitis facilitates the delivery of drugs to the tissues of the male organ.
For patients with prostatitis in the acute period, exercise can be harmful. At this stage of the disease it is important to eliminate the swelling of the organ, and doing exercise will have the opposite effect.
Do not prescribe sets of exercises for prostate adenoma. The influx of blood can provoke rapid growth of glandular tissue. In this disease, only Kegel exercises are allowed.
Prohibited gymnastics for prostatitis with heart disease, inguinal hernia. You can't deal with those who suffer from hypertension or have recently had surgery.
A set of exercises for the treatment of congestive prostatitis
Therapeutic gymnastics for prostatitis eliminates edema, stimulates the flow of nutrients and oxygen to the prostate and facilitates the penetration of drugs. When performing a gymnastic complex for prostatitis, recommended by a doctor, it is important to follow simple rules:
- start training therapy after warming up;
- move on to the next complex without long pauses;
- make sure you feel warmth in the pelvic area;
- in the process of performing movements, tense and relax the muscles of the anal area;
- It is recommended that each set of exercises be repeated twice a day.
Sit down. The thighs are detached from the floor in turn, while moving the body forward. The exercise should be done smoothly, without tremors. Then the load on the lower part of the body will be sensitive and even.
Ball between the legs
You can do this exercise while sitting, lying down or standing, at an intense pace or slowly. Each option is useful for improving blood circulation in the prostate and for the treatment of prostatitis.
The man is sitting, the ball is between his thighs. You need to move your legs by squeezing the ball as much as possible and then gradually spread it apart, preventing it from falling. During one approach it is necessary to repeat the movements 15-20 times.
Pull your legs up
Sitting and leaning your body back slightly, you should lean on your arms. The feet are raised to a height of 15 cm above the floor, the bent knees are pulled to the chest, held for 5-7 seconds, smoothly return to starting position. Trained men can supplement this exercise for prostatitis by spreading their arms. Repeat 15-10 times.
Fast stop movements
Lying on your back, pull out your socks, spread out and gather your legs. The pace increases gradually. Repeat the exercise for 1-2 minutes.
The man jumps, trying to raise his knees high (preferably to chest level). You need to do three sets of 10-12 jumps.
Running is performed in a place with a high rise of the knee (to the chest). Perform the exercise for one and a half to two minutes.
Spread your arms
You need to lie on your back, place your right hand on your abdomen and your left hand on your chest. Take a deep breath. As you exhale, press on your abdomen and chest. Repeat 5-7 times.
Exercise for prostatitis at home should be done in the morning before breakfast and 1, 5-2 hours before bedtime. The classroom is well ventilated and has a soft carpet on the floor.
What exercises to do with chronic prostatitis
Chronic prostatitis is characterized by the fact that the man has frequent urges to urinate, but the fluid pressure is low. Difficulties in sex are also possible - the desire decreases, the act itself becomes short. Exercise for prostatitis for men in combination with drug therapy will help to avoid this.
Bending the legs
You need to lie down, put your hands on your body. Resting your legs, slowly bend your knees. While pulling the legs, it is necessary to spread their middle part on the side as much as possible. Hold this position for 3-5 seconds, then return to starting position. Perform the exercise up to 20 times.
The man lies on his back with his palms on the floor. Bend your knees, keeping your legs together. Spread as wide as possible, hold up to 5 seconds, return to the floor. When lowering, the knees should be pressed against each other with effort. Do the exercise 10 to 20 times.
Lifting from a supine position
Lie on your stomach, put your hands next to you. Bend your right leg, lift and slowly lower. Repeat the same movement to the left. Do 12-15 reps.
Spread your legs, stretch your arms forward, sit down slowly. When lifting, you do not need to fully straighten your knees. Perform this exercise with a small amplitude, you do not need to squat deeply. Repeat 8-10 times.
Stand up straight, spread your legs shoulder-width apart, put your hands to the side. Take your right hand to the side and tilt your body to the left, take a deep breath. During tilting, the center of gravity is on the left side of the body. When you return to the starting position, tighten the anal muscles and exhale. The exercise is repeated for the opposite side. Do up to 10 approaches.
From an upright position, lift your legs so that your thigh is parallel to the floor. Then move the limb to the side as much as possible, hold for 5-7 seconds, return to its place. Repeat 10-15 times.
Stand up straight, put your hands on your belt, legs together. Spread the socks on the sides at the same time, then the heels. Spread your legs in zigzag movements without lifting your legs off the floor as wide as possible, take a deep breath. Exhale slowly while stirring. When the legs are close, you need to tighten the muscles of the anus.
Gymnastics to prevent prostatitis with a sedentary lifestyle
Insufficient physical activity, prolonged sitting in one position provoke prostate disease in men. Inflammation of the prostate is one of the occupational pathologies among drivers, programmers and office workers.
To avoid trouble, you need daily physical activity. A simple gymnastic complex will help prevent prostatitis.
- Lie on the floor, raise your arms above your head. Bending down, pull the lower limbs to the chest, grab your knees with your hands and take a deep breath. It will take 6 repetitions.
- Lie down with your arms raised. Slowly stand up, fingers touching the floor. Make 8 series.
- Lying down, raise bent knees, inhale. Tilt the gathered limbs to the right, left, slowly lower. Do 8 times.
- Lie down, bend your knees, take a deep breath, raise your waist, exhale. Perform 10 exercises.
- Stand up straight, rest safely, get on your toes, inhale, sit, exhale. Repeat 6 times.
- Standing up straight, lift your chin. Deep inhalation is accompanied by raising the arms, exhalation is accompanied by a slow descent. Perform up to 6 approaches.
- Squeeze your palms into fists. Simultaneously with the inhalation, turn the body to the left, while exhaling - to the right. Perform 5 repetitions.
The complex of exercises for prostatitis ends with walking in a place with high leg raises. After an hour, take a few slow deep breaths.
Fitball training is useful for prostatitis. You can do exercises with a huge inflatable ball at home or in the gym.
- Sit on a slightly lowered projectile, stretch your legs forward. Rotate the pelvis in both directions 10 times.
- Sit on the floor, put your hands behind you. Grab the ball with your hips, try to lift it. The exercise is especially effective if you tense the anal muscles during its performance.
- Lying on your back, grab a small ball with your feet. Raise the lower limbs by 45-50 degrees, make pendulum movements to the right, left.
Gymnastics for the treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system and their prevention was developed by the German gynecologist Kegel at the beginning of the last century. Exercises for prostatitis are very simple but effective:
- During urination, it is necessary to tense the muscles of the pubic area as much as possible so that the jet stops flowing, then relax them and push the urine with pressure.
- When defecating, men with prostatitis should try to push not with the muscles of the abdominal wall, but with the muscles of the perineum. You can do this exercise while sitting in a closed frameless toilet 2-3 times a day.
- Stand up straight, feet shoulder-width apart. Tighten the pubic and anal muscles, stay in this state for 5-8 seconds. Relax your muscles, exhale deeply. Repeat up to 10 times.
Yoga and Qigong
It is better to use qigong - Chinese therapeutic exercises - with prostatitis under the guidance of an instructor. Classes should be held at least 5 times a week. The result will be the normalization of the function of the genitals, their oxygen saturation. This effect contributes to the rapid healing of prostatitis.
- You need to sit in the lotus position, resting your palms on your knees. It is important to keep your back straight. The pelvis is rolled to the side, gradually increasing the amplitude. The exercise is suitable for strengthening the muscles of the anal area, groin, pelvis, improves the functioning of the genitourinary system, has an analgesic effect in prostatitis.
- Standing straight, spread your legs. Relax your body, but keep your back straight. With your palms on your belt, gently draw circles with your pelvis in both directions. During the exercise you should observe your breathing - it should be even. Inhale in the first round, exhale in the second.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointing forward. Both palms should rest on the right knee. Slowly raise your legs and take a deep breath, keep your balance as long as possible. Lower the limb and gently release the air. Repeat with the other leg. Only 10 approaches.
Yoga therapists recommend simple asanas to treat prostatitis. They strengthen the pelvic muscles, eliminate swelling of internal organs:
- Sit on your knees with your heels under your buttocks. Keeping your back straight, take a deep breath with your stomach after 10 seconds. start exhaling slowly.
- Take a sitting position, as in the previous exercise. Relax your body, close your eyes. Squeeze the anal sphincter for 10-15 seconds.
- Stand on your feet, tilt your torso forward (perpendicular to the limbs). Pull your stomach as much as possible and hold it as long as possible. Relax your muscles slowly as you exhale.
Men with prostatitis after yoga exercises should lie on their backs, completely relax the body. Spend a minute like that.
Charging with prostatitis is an adjunct to drug treatment. Long-term remission can be expected only if exactly all the doctor's instructions are followed. It will be possible to forget about the problem if you do gymnastics regularly, give up alcohol abuse, smoking and do not catch a cold.
A urologist and a physiotherapist will tell you how to cure prostatitis in men with exercise. Specialists choose an individual complex for each patient.