For the treatment of prostatitis in medicine are used drugs in the form of tablets, injections, rectal suppositories. Due to the proximity of the posterior wall of the prostate to the rectum, suppositories are sometimes more effective than others (for example, in diseases of the stomach). There are cheap and effective suppositories for prostatitis, which are not inferior in effectiveness to expensive analogues.
Causes of prostatitis
Prostatitis has an infectious and non-infectious etiology. In the first case, inflammation develops when viruses, bacteria, fungi enter the prostate gland. They penetrate the tissue with the flow of lymph or blood, from the urethra, during surgery or otherwise.
The second group of causes includes age, sedentary lifestyle, infrequent sexual intercourse and other factors that cause tissue congestion. In each case, the therapy is different, the common task is to eliminate inflammation.
Suppositories for prostatitis
According to the action of suppositories for the treatment of inflammation of the prostate are:
- immunomodulatory and others.
When making a therapeutic appointment, the doctor relies on the results of the diagnosis. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are indicated for inflammation, regardless of the cause. If the provoking factors are bacteria, antibiotics are prescribed. Severe pain is relieved with analgesics. Restoration of glandular tissue in case of severe damage is provided by regenerating suppositories.
The choice of drug form, the use of suppositories as a complex or monotherapy, the specialist determines other nuances of treatment depending on the stage of the disease, clinical symptoms, individual parameters (age, presence of concomitant diseases, etc. ).
The choice of suppositories with antibiotics is based on the preliminary identification of the causative agent of the disease, determining its sensitivity to the active substance.
Antibiotic suppositories are only available with a prescription.
Anti-inflammatory suppositories for inflammation of the prostate
Below are the best rectal suppositories with a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect.
Candles based on diclofenac
Reduces pain, swelling of the gland, improves general well-being. In urology it is used for prostatitis, prostate adenoma, cystitis and other diseases.
Based on prostate extract
Restores the functional activity of the prostate gland, normalizing lymph flow and blood circulation in it. The remedies eliminate inflammatory and stagnant phenomena, improve the qualitative and quantitative composition of sperm, restore sexual activity.
based on indomethacin
A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug relieves inflammation, relieves pain and has an antipyretic effect. The therapeutic effect is observed throughout the body.
The active ingredient is ichthyol. The drug has healing properties:
- anti-inflammatory, etc.
Ichthyol suppositories are indicated as a separate drug for the treatment of prostatitis (chronic and acute), used in conjunction with other drugs or used for prevention.
Suppositories for inflammation of the prostate with natural ingredients
The doctor prescribes drugs based on natural ingredients when treatment with strong drugs is contraindicated.
- Based on pumpkin seeds. Bioactive components restore glandular tissues, improve metabolic processes and prevent thrombosis. The antioxidant reduces inflammation.
- Belladonna candles (belladonna) contain an extract of the plant. Eliminate pain, spasms of blood vessels, smooth muscle tissue. Strengthens lymph and blood flow in the prostate, improves urine output.
- Candles with sea buckthorn. Sea buckthorn oil, which is part of them, has anti-inflammatory and regenerating effects. In the treatment of prostatitis accelerates the restoration of organ function, prevents the development of inflammation, protects cells from toxins and normalizes metabolism.
- Candles with propolis. Elimination of stagnation in the prostate, normalization of metabolic processes, suppression of inflammation. Accelerates the regeneration of glandular tissues, has a mild analgesic effect. In addition to individual intolerance, the drug has no contraindications. Candles with propolis are presented in a wide range, their price varies.
Candles for prostatitis, made independently
Cheap but effective prostatitis candles can be made at home. For example, mixing cocoa butter, flour and honey produces suppositories that are used for heating. They should be used only in remission and after consulting a doctor.
Candles with anti-inflammatory, analgesic, regenerating action are made from healing mud. It is used as an adjunct to the complex therapy of prostatitis.
The above suppositories are a small part of the drugs for the treatment of prostatitis, presented in pharmacies. Thanks to the wide selection, every man can count on a full recovery. In mild symptoms of the disease, one suppository is sufficient, in other cases they are used together with injections or tablets.