Prostatitis is a purely male disease. It is a prostate gland, such a small but very functional process that is located at the junction of the vagina and urethra.
It plays an important role in the body and performs the following functions:
- Erectile, contributes to the appearance of tension in the penis in men;
- Works as a valve, preventing urine from entering the urethra during arousal;
- Orgastic, organizes and controls the entire process, from arousal to ejaculation;
- Produces special hormones necessary for full sexual intercourse, including testosterone;
- Produces a special substance that protects sperm in the female vagina.
Her position is subject to constant negative influences from nearby organs, such as the bladder, urethra, vas deferens. Inflammation in these organs necessarily provokes the development of prostatitis.
The main signs of prostatitis: how to recognize it?
According to the form of the disease, the disease of the prostate gland is acute and chronic. Acute inflammation causes additional symptoms, chronic inflammation is more predictable and is associated with another disease.
The signs of prostatitis that confirm its presence are as follows:
- Strong pain. It is associated with the fact that the prostate gland is constantly irritated by the inflammatory process in it. Sometimes there is dull pain in the anus or perineum.
- The presence of blood in the urine. Quite an alarming symptom, indicates either mechanical damage to the prostate gland during the examination, or the presence of a malignant tumor. It may also show purulent accumulations.
- Elevated or decreased body temperature. It appears only in the stage of suppuration of the prostate or the so-called ICE. At the same time, high indicates suppuration, and low - increased blood clotting.
- Frequent visits to the toilet due to the constant feeling of a full bladder. This is due to the fact that the inflamed prostate blocks the urethra and the urine does not flow completely out of it, so you need to make an effort.
Accordingly, urination is performed:
- small doses;
- Often, although urine arrives on schedule (due to developing pathologies, the bladder is not completely emptied and causes such a feeling);
- With pain, because due to the prostate, the urethra is strongly compressed and the urine compresses the walls, thus causing pain.
If you find these signs, hurry to start treatment, as men's health is at risk.
Causes of prostatitis
In addition to the symptoms, there are other reasons why prostate disease develops.
- Nutrition is poor and unbalanced;
- Regular stress;
- Infectious diseases, including sexually transmitted diseases;
- The presence of chronic diseases;
- The lack of a permanent sex life in men or vice versa is too intense;
- Work that does not allow active movement;
- Persistent constipation;
- Severe hypothermia;
- Urethral reflux - when the prostate cannot close the urethra in time, and enters the vagina and causes inflammation;
- Hormonal changes in men, leading to less testosterone production, weaken muscle tone, which weakens erections.
Types of prostatitis
According to the origin of inflammation of the prostate gland is defined as bacterial and nonbacterial. The first means that the disease arose under the influence of pathogens.
The second, in turn, has several varieties:
- Atypical - the pain does not appear at all at the site of the source of inflammation;
- Prostatotic - characterized by the presence of constant pain in the lower abdomen. These are thought to be neurotic pain;
- Calculous - the pain occurs due to the fact that there are stones in the prostate;
- Sclerotic - degenerative processes in the prostate gland cause a change in shape and pain;
- Congestive - the discomfort is caused by stagnant processes in the prostate.
Diagnosis of prostatitis
Before making a self-determination that you have a disease, consult a doctor. He will direct you to the diagnosis to determine the exact diagnosis.
To do this, you must submit:
- Cellular analysis to help determine if there is an infection;
- Blood for culture is made at the risk of sepsis, ie blood poisoning;
- Analysis of urine "three cups", which allows to determine the dynamics;
- A general blood test showing the presence of special bodies that will confirm the inflammatory process or not.
The negative effects of prostatitis are obvious. The fact is that the prostate performs many functions in the body of men. As soon as it starts to hurt, the erection and the quality of the semen and sperm suffer immediately. This is fraught with infertility and erectile dysfunction. That is why it is very important to treat in time.
Treatment of men with prostatitis
It is never too late to rectify the situation, no matter how neglected it may be. The treatment is longer and more exhausting, but the problem can be completely overcome. First of all, the origin of prostatitis is determined, if it is bacterial, antibiotics are prescribed. If not, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Also, vitamin complexes will not be superfluous.
During treatment it is imperative to give up bad habits. A good addition, if there are no contraindications, is prostate massage. To do this, there are many devices that greatly facilitate the task. Thanks to them you can do the massage in the comfort of your own home.
At present, physiotherapy procedures are widely used to treat prostatitis - laser stimulation or ultrasound. In addition, you can use folk methods, if the situation allows.
Decoctions of chamomile, calendula, juniper and rose hips can be drunk and used for therapeutic enemas.
Prostate diseases and its prevention
- Take care of your health;
- Eat right;
- Do sports;
- Find a permanent sexual partner, because regular sex will strengthen the prostate, it will be less negatively affected;
- If work requires prolonged sitting, plan short breaks;
- Treat constipation with enemas with herbal decoctions, do not drink laxatives often;
- Dress according to the weather, do not allow hypothermia or overheating of the genitals.
Many men find it difficult to go to the doctor and start treatment. However, if signs appear, it is still better to go to a meeting and check your health. If the doctor confirms the presence of prostatitis, treatment should begin immediately.