In prostatitis, an inflammatory process occurs in the area of the prostate gland. This is one of the most common urological diseases. The causes of prostatitis in men are different.
What is prostatitis?
The disease is accompanied by urinary incontinence. Quite often a man has a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder.
The main causes of acute bacterial prostatitis are infections that:
- transmitted during intimacy (ureaplasmosis, chlamydia);
- penetrate the urethra from the rectal area (infection with Klebsiella, Pseudomonas aeruginosa).
If the prostate gland becomes inflamed, a man's emotional state can quickly deteriorate. In this case, the libido fades.
Deterioration of the nervous system can be characterized by the following symptoms:
- deterioration of mood;
- sleep disturbance;
- increased irritability.
Where does prostatitis in patients come from?
It is worth explaining what causes acute or chronic prostatitis in men. The likelihood of developing the disease increases under the influence of the following main factors:
- indiscriminate sexual relations;
- non-compliance with the basic rules of personal hygiene;
- urinary reflux in the area of the bladder;
- strong emotional shock;
- blood stagnation in the pelvic area.
Causes of the disease
Acquired causes of inflammation of the prostate gland include:
- narrowing of the urethra. This leads to worsening of urine flow and increased pressure in the urethra;
- injury to the perineum, which provokes the appearance of a chronic inflammatory process;
- prostate stones;
- heavy physical work;
- the presence of a chronic inflammatory process in which the vessels of the prostate are affected.
Acute and chronic infectious pathologies
The inflammatory process in the prostate gland may be the result of another disease. These pathologies include: gonorrhea and urethritis. The following diseases can also cause the development of the disease:
- incompletely treated caries;
If there is a focus of acute or chronic infection, you must first eliminate the root cause of the disease: to neutralize the activity of the infectious agent.
Congestive (congestive) prostatitis is often accompanied by damage to testicular tissue. In this pathology there is a violation of spermatogenesis, the process of synthesis of sex hormones slows down. In erectile dysfunction, erectile dysfunction often occurs.
The risk of chronic congestive prostatitis increases under the influence of the following factors:
- low physical activity;
- weakness of the pelvic floor muscles;
- prolonged abstinence from intimacy;
- interrupted intercourse as a method of preventing unwanted pregnancy;
- frequent constipation;
- the presence of cancer;
- decreased vascular tone;
- the appearance of complications after surgery on the pelvic organs;
- varicose veins of the pelvic veins.
Treatment of congestive prostatitis involves the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These drugs eliminate discomfort, reduce tissue swelling.
If indicated, antiplatelet agents are used. These drugs improve the process of thinning the blood.
In congestive prostatitis is indicated the introduction of sulfated mucopolysaccharide in the form of injections, the use of nicotinic acid.
Venotonics help increase the strength of venous walls. Drugs from the group of alpha-blockers help to improve urine flow. In some situations, with congestion in the prostate, immunomodulators, muscle relaxants and sedatives are used.
An inactive lifestyle provokes the appearance of stagnant processes in the tissues of the prostate gland. Due to passive entertainment, the functions of the nervous and endocrine systems deteriorate. The risk of developing prostatitis increases in adverse environmental conditions.
With prolonged abstinence, stagnation of semen is observed. Pathogenic microorganisms can start to multiply in it, which provokes the appearance of an inflammatory process in the prostate.
With prolonged abstinence, sexual desire fades. Low sexual activity can also cause impotence.
Under the influence of low temperatures, the respective vessels narrow. In this case, the blood supply to the prostate is disrupted, leading to a deterioration in the nutrition of the organ.
To avoid hypothermia, you should follow simple recommendations:
- it is advisable to wear outerwear suitable for the season;
- it is necessary to avoid a long stay in the wind, in close proximity to the air conditioner.
Causes of prostatitis in men after 40 years
Inflammation of the prostate gland in young men develops under the influence of such causes:
- pelvic congestion;
- the presence of latent infectious diseases (chlamydia, trichomoniasis). In such pathologies, a slow inflammatory process occurs in the tissues of the prostate gland.
Causes of prostatitis in patients over 55 years
The disease after 55 years can occur under the influence of such factors:
- androgen deficiency;
- the presence of atrophy of the pelvic floor muscles;
- weakened immunity due to chronic infections;
- slowing of blood flow;
- disappearance of sexual function;
- weakening of the sphincters located in the area of the bladder.
One of the reasons for the development of prostatitis is that the patient is overweight. Due to the extra pounds, increased pressure is created on the area of the venous pelvic plexus.
Other reasons for the development of the disease
According to psychosomatics specialist (Louise Hay), a man's health depends on the psychological state of the stronger sex. According to this theory, the causes of prostatitis can be as follows:
- feeling unable to control the main events of your life;
- internal experiences due to sexual failure;
- guilt towards the partner.
The pathology is often diagnosed in older men who are insecure about their abilities.
To prevent the development of prostatitis at this stage of life, you need to learn to think positively. The man should not focus on what depresses him.
Where does it hurt with inflammation of the prostate in men?
It is worth explaining where it hurts in advanced prostatitis. As the disease progresses, pain appears in the following parts of the body:
- lower back;
- the area of the anus.
What pain occurs in prostatitis in men depends on the following factors:
- stages of the disease;
- localization of the inflammatory focus.
With prolonged prostatitis, pain in the area of the seminal glands and vesicles may occur.
It is worth knowing what are the main symptoms of prostatitis, what hurts. When the prostate gland becomes inflamed, blood circulation is disrupted. This can cause pain in the lower extremities.
In some cases, bacterial prostatitis develops reactive arthritis. In this case, the pain does not appear in the muscles, but in the area of bone tissue or joints.
One of the signs of the disease is pain in the perineum. It can spread to the penis, pubis, testicles. Discomfort in the testicles and inguinal folds occurs when the seminal vesicles are affected.
In the presence of a purulent process, unpleasant sensations of a shooting nature are observed in the testicles and prostate. In this case, the course of the disease is complicated by a violation of the process of urination, severe weakness, fever.
Discomfort in the anus
The main cause of pain in the anus is that the prostate is located next to the rectum. At the same time, the unpleasant sensations are of a shooting nature. Discomfort worsens with defecation.
The pain that occurs with inflammation of the prostate gland may be accompanied by constipation, flatulence.
Coccyx pain is one of the symptoms of the disease. Discomfort is often accompanied by a feeling of a foreign body in the anus. Such symptoms indicate dysfunction of the body in chronic prostatitis.
Pain in the lower abdomen
As the disease progresses, the volume of glandular tissue in the organ increases. The pain in the lower abdomen is often sharp. In this case, the inflammatory process involves the bladder and rectum.
After the course of treatment, the swelling disappears. The prostate gland is reduced in size. As a result, the pain in the lower abdomen becomes less pronounced.
Localization of pain
If you feel pain, you should undergo a full medical examination. A similar localization of pain is observed in diseases of the rectum, prostate cancer.
An analgesic and an antipyretic from the pyrazolone group are used to eliminate the discomfort. The tool helps relieve pain, has anti-inflammatory effect.
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride has anesthetic properties. The tool helps to relax smooth muscles. The drug has a calming effect on the nervous system. NSAIDs from the sulfonanilide class are endowed with pronounced anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
Effective folk remedies also help reduce pain:
- Burdock infusion.It is necessary to flood 10 grams of pre-crushed roots of the plant with 200 ml of water. The product is cooked on low heat for 10 minutes. The broth is then infused for 30 minutes. Take 100 ml twice a day. The decoction is consumed 30 minutes before meals. The average duration of the course is determined individually.
- Pumpkin seeds.Eat 1 tablespoon of vegetable seeds twice a day. Pumpkin seeds should be eaten 60 minutes before eating. The average duration of the course varies from two to three months. Pumpkin seeds are characterized by pronounced antiseptic properties.
Before using painkillers, you should consult a urologist. Appropriate remedies can cause side effects.
Prostatitis, whose psychosomatics are quite complex, can be prevented. This requires: moderate physical activity, a balanced diet, giving up bad habits, regular sexual intercourse.